Summer Camp Fund Program
When the form opens, fill in page 2, save and send as an email attachment to: email@example.com.
For those who qualify for funding, the District of Muskoka will pay the cost of camp directly to the Summer Camp listed on this application form. A maximum allowance per camper applies.
Applications are now being received.
Thanks to the generosity of the Cowan Family Foundation and the Muskoka Community Foundation!
The Children’s Programs team at Muskoka Community Services is pleased to announce we have received a $5,000 grant through the Muskoka Community Foundation’s Spirit of Wasan Island initiative. Funds will help low income children aged 13 to 16 attend a week of summer camp, an age group not eligible under Provincial funding.Summer is for kids. Summer is for having fun. Summer is for swimming and playing, for trying new things and meeting new friends!
The Children’s Programs Team is happy to announce we are once again funding one week of summer camp for children of families who live in Muskoka and who meet one of the eligibility criteria below:
- are OW or ODSP clients
- live in social housing and meet the income requirements (annual household income below $48,000)
- receive child care fee subsidy and meet the income requirements (annual household income below $48,000)
- have an annual household income below $48,000
- must be a full time resident of Muskoka
- Overnight camp is now for children 6 – 12
- Day camp is for children 4 – 12
- If a child has special needs, which will require a third-party referral, they can be funded at day or overnight camp until they are aged 18.
New Camper Priority:
- Children who have accessed District funding for overnight camp for at least three years, will be placed on a waitlist and, as funds are available, applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Parents of children who have received funding for overnight camp for three years are welcome to register their child for day camp. However, if their child(ren) would like to attend overnight camp, they will have to submit their application and wait until May or June to find out if funding is available.
- Only camps accredited by the Ontario Camping Association or affiliated with a provincial sports organization are eligible for district funding. If you have a child that is four or five years old they are only able to access camps that are licensed under the Ministry of Education.
Please contact Teri Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 705-645-2412 ext 293 if you have a question about whether or not camps not listed are eligible.