Bracebridge Public Library




Bracebridge Public Library

Library service at the Bracebridge Public Library began in 1908 when the original Carnegie building was constructed. The 2,800 sq. foot Muskoka stone structure was expanded to 8,400 sq. feet in 1984 with an addition that maintained the heritage character of the building while allowing for improved service and collection space. In 1998, Bracebridge Public Library opened a Branch Library at the Fenbrook Medium Security Institution. It serves the reading and information needs of the inmates and staff, mirroring community library services and standards.

Library membership is free to all permanent residents or property owners in the District of Muskoka.  Most iems are checked out for a three week period.  Videos, DVD's and material in high demand are checked out for one week.  

Click here to access the website for the Bracebridge Public Library.