YWCA of Muskoka
About YWCA Muskoka:
YWCA Muskoka champions positive change for women and girls. The organization focuses on preventing violence; reducing the impact of poverty; making women’s issues more visible; connecting with senior women; and enhancing organizational capacity. We do this through building bridges of connection in Muskoka. For more information about our programs please go to our website: www.ywcamuskoka.com.
Working in partnership with municipalities, school boards and community partners, we take programs and opportunities to people verses people to programs, an effective program delivery model in geography that spans 4,900 km. Uniquely, we have become a "YWCA Without Walls", serving over 1,500 individuals in 25 locations throughout Muskoka.
Mission: "YWCA Muskoka champions positive change for women and girls."
Vision: "All women and girls thriving in a safe community of possibility."
- Prevent violence, particulary against women and girls
- Reduce the impact of poverty
- Advocate on issues that affect women and girls
- Provide leadership on issues that affect older women
- Enhance organizational
YWCA Canada is a member of World YWCA, an international movement uniting some 25 million women working in over 100 countries to achieve social justice imperatives by increasing the participation of women at all levels of society. World YWCA members join together to work for peace with justice, sustainable development, human rights for all, and environmental integrity. Please visit www.worldywca.org to find out more about World YWCA.
YWCA Girlz Unplugged
- To increase awareness of issues important to young girls
- To provide an adult mentor and a safe space for girls
- To build girls' self-esteem, confidence and assertiveness
- To help girls recognize the elements of healthy relationships
- To build peer support among girls
- To develop girls leadership
YWCA Power of Being a Girl Conference
- To increase awareness about violence against girls and women
- To increase knowledge of violence prevention and how girls can contribute for positive social change
- To promote and develop skills for girls leadership
- Improve youth problem-solving skills and assess choices in various situations
- Improve peer relationships by encouraging peer support
- Increase level of positive engagement with peers, family, school and broader community
- Improve conflict resolution skills
- Identify and emulate healthy relationships
Click here to link to the YWCA Muskoka website for more information about programs and information.